In 2021, as K.O and Ma-E attempt to groom a new generation of skhanda rap with the label compilation album Welcome to the Planet, the proxy in South African popular music is amapiano. Throughout the project, ampaino’s defining log drum becomes a soundbed for raps on DJ Mr X’s “Asambe”, K.O and Nadia’s “Abalaleli”, Ma-E and Khuli Chana’s “Siyaz’wisa” and DJ Mr X’s “All I Want”.
Just Bheki’s solo songs “Bameme” and “Mzala” take the Afro-pop route while Roiii jumps on a drill beat for “Lavidaloca” before his melodic collaboration with Focalistic. At the epicentre of the album is the label’s roster—K.O, Ma-E, Just Bheki, Loki, Roiii and DJ Mr X, but they are flanked by South African hip-hop royalty on AKA, Cassper Nyovest, Blxckie, Nadia Nakai and Khuli Chana.
1. Skhandaworld – Homeground (ft. K.O, Roiii, Just Bheki, Mae & Loki)
2. DJ Mr X – Asambe (ft. Cassper Nyovest, K.O, Loki & Roiii)
3. Roiii – La Vida Loca
4. Ma-E – Ain’t No Tomorrow (ft. Khuli Chana & Just Bheki)
5. DJ Mr X – All I Want Is You (ft. K.O, AKA, Tshego & Roiii)
6. Just Bheki – Mzala
7. Loki – Shonda Ngami (ft. Blxckie)
8. Skhandaworld – Abalaleli (ft. K.O & Nadia Nakai)
9. Roiii – Hold On (ft. Focalistic)
11. Just Bheki – Bameme